Assistant Store Manager, Full Time Position
Rhiannon Fowler, Store Manager
This role is about supporting the store manager in all of the day to day activities and responsibilities of a bustling brick and mortar and e-commerce shop! It’s about connecting with and helping people - be it customers in the shop or those who have placed orders online - as well as jumping in to help the store manager and other team members with whatever is on the docket for the day. It’s about listening to people, identifying their needs (or wants!), and helping them fulfill them. Success in this role is sales, happy customers, and returning customers! It’s also building relationships, connection, and community.
- Connect with & help customers in the shop, on the phone, over video chat, or via email
- Fulfill online orders & give packages to UPS and USPS
- Handle first level customer service questions or issues that may arise
- Receive Inventory
- Know the breadth of the inventory we have so that you can offer additional options and quantities not featured on the floor
- Be educated about the product, know where to find the information you need when you need it, and convey this information to the customer in a clear and confident manner. This includes price quotes for furniture, lead times & ETA’s, appropriate shipping and delivery options, stock availability, and more.
- Manage cash drawer & Conduct all transactions through POS - including sales, returns, exchanges, and gift cards
- Maintaining a Tidy Stockroom
- Manage email@example.com email account on days when working in the shop
- Execute Opening, Throughout the Day, and Closing Procedures
- Participate in lifestyle photoshoots for the website - styling looks
- Basic product shots for the website
- **Weekend availability is required**
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, and some graphic design sensibility
- Comfortable and confident creating looks for customers both in store and digitally
- Basic photography skills
This is for you if:
- You have a passion and curiosity for home furnishings and the aspects of our daily life in our home that make it more enjoyable, comforting, and inspiring.
- You like being creative and expressive with color, fabric, materials, and objects
- You enjoy talking with people (often strangers!) and learning about who they are, and what feels like “home” to them.
- You like being busy and physically engaged.
- You like “doing” things.
- You like problem solving, enjoy teamwork, and collaboration
- You believe no task is too small or too big
- You like to work within a small team and want to grow with the company
- Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
- Vacation & Healthcare Package Options
How To Apply:
Send your resume and an email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org